Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 4 weeks ago

What would my commission check be if I sold a property with Century 21 worth $200,000?

I am just trying to make sure that my understanding of what my take home pay will be is correct. I know that the commission is 6% and that I get a portion of that percent based on what the split is of the brokerage that I am with. I believe Century 21 has a 50/50 split and no "hidden" fees, but is this correct? If this were true, I would get 3% of the total selling price. So, would my commission check be $6,000 for that particular transaction, or would even more be taken out of my check for fees I was never told of during my licensing course? I am a bit confused. I thought my commission check would be the entirety of the split percentage (so, 50% in a typical 50/50 split), but other new agents I've spoken with have me confused on whether or not I will receive the entirety of the monetary 50/50 commission check. 

Thank you in advance. 

• Judy

Are you also the listing agent? They get something. Did you get a draw?

We do not know the terms. Ask your boss.

Source(s): ,lucky guess