Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

What should I do??

I accidentally killed my boyfriend's puppy yesterday . I was looking after him while my boyfriend and he parents have gone away for a week to attend a furneral in another state. They don't come back for another 4 days, and I don't know what to do. This is what happened. His puppy recently got hit by a car, and got couple broken ribs and leg. He was still recovering but in a lot of pain. I kept hearing him crying and in discomfort and I couldn't handle seeing him in pain, so I got some pain medication that I was prescribed for me from a while back, codiene and ibuprofen, because he was is such great pain I gave him 1 and a half of the tablets. I watched him for a bit to see if okay. Came back after ten and he seem much more relaxed. So I thought good he is okay. Came back about 15 minutes after and he was frothing at the mouth and shaking, I rushed to him and started trying to sit him up and poured water over him. Then he just stopped, and stopped completely then he didn't move anymore. He died. I was so upset and scared. I don't want to tell my boyfriend what happened because I don't want him to break up with me, and he really was loving his puppy. He was only 3 months old though, so I'm sure there's a chance he will get over it pretty quick. But is there a way I can say something else happened???? I was thinking of saying he must of past away while I was asleep. Or something else happened. I have wrapped him up and have put him into the fridge. What should I do 

9 Answers

  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

    It's highly possible that the internal injuries were more excessive or active than thought and your drugs are not what killed this dog. I'd go with that. Don't mention the drugs at all unless they test and confront. He was in a great deal of pain. So something was wrong. That was the first clue in the beginning.

  • J M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You were stupid and killed the dog. Tell the truth. What good will lying do?

  • 1 month ago

    Piss off, you twisted troll.

  • 1 month ago

    Any body with common sense would not give a dog either of those meds. I think you had a secret wish that the pup was dead cause he cared more about his pup than you.

    Plus, I do believe that you are just a troll cause anybody with simple common sense would not have done that.

    IF there is any TRUTH to this, you are in big trouble & bf would have good reason to dump you.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    First, I do not believe a WORD of this "TALE". NOBODY is that stupid; to give a puppy human (and adult dosage) pain medication without checking with the treating vet OR looking up said "side-effects" of the drugs (on dogs) - ONLINE.

    The side effects of foaming @ the mouth per the Ibuprofen (the TOXIC factor) are NOT what you claim - on dogs.

    (I also HIGHLY DOUBT the puppy was without any pain meds for BROKEN BONES) - from the treating vet. [Yea, pee on my leg & claim it is raining!]

    Face the music (if this is remotely true). You deserve what you get, as a reaction.

  • Jojo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    I find it hard to believe this yarn and as Verulam says, its smacks of a juvenile person with an over active imagination.

    IF... (and it`s a big IF) this is actually true, there is only one thing you can do and that is tell the owners what happened.

  • 2 months ago

    Sorry, I can't believe something soooooo ghastly happened.

    So many wrongs here from dosing any dog, adult or puppy WITHOUT THE SAY-SO OF A VET to what owner goes away leaving the recovering puppy with somebody unqualified, to putting the dead body IN A HOME FRIDGE

    Nah. I think this story is the product of an over-active imagination. If not, just face up to what's happened and TELL HIM THE TRUTH.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Get a basset hound puppy to replace it, and pretend that it is the same dog

  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    First get the dog out of the fridge or you will contaminate all the food! God you are too dumb to have a boyfriend. A puppy is the size of a baby and you gave it ADULT medication. WHY didn't you call a vet and ask what to do? Tell your boyfriend the truth and take the consequences. You deserve them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.