Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Why are so many people in the United States against suicide?

If someone wants to end their life why can't it be their decision instead of other people making the decision for them?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

I think most societies are against suicide in general. I mean, I don't think your question should be political. I think it should be philosophical. To quote Camus "There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide." I would check out the Wikipedia page about Philosophical inquiries on Suicide, and make a decision yourself on what stance you lean towards and then compare that to the general public of the USA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_suicid...

• 4 weeks ago

some people value life as a gift from God, even when things get too hard, and would never think to intentionally end their life.

• 4 weeks ago

I think it's just the way we have been brought up.

There are countries that have suicide,

you fill out forms.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Who’s going to clean up your corpse? That’s a problem. Think about everyone else too. If you ask someone else to do it for you, that’d be a problem too.

• Brad
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

Nobody has to clean it up. It can just lay there and rot over time. Eventually it will all be gone.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.