Can listening to relaxing music cause you to lose touch with reality?

It's not like you will travel into another dimension unless you have some super abilities but it will help you calm down and relax 

• Stan

NO, but it will relax YOU.

easily though hopefully temporarily, because it might soothe you when you have worries and/or problems, persuade you to look back in your life, encourage images in your mind of anything but current life.

• Shona

Isn't all music designed to be relaxing?

not really not praying probably would ...

• Ramona

Yes! Music is to entertain you. You listen to the kind of music that matches your emotions because the music will bring you into more focus on what is going on with you. For example, if I just exited a relationship forever with someone and I'm not crying but want to for release, I'll listen to sad songs like No Doubt - Don't Speak. Sometimes how you feel is not the reality around you but listening to the genre will bring you there.

I'm from the '80s and '90s and grew up listening to grunge so I always remanence going back to listening to it. The bad thing is music like grunge/alternative is very depressing. By the time of an hour of listening to it, I went from happy, to feeling kind of blue or depressed. The same thing happens when I listen to happy music when I'm depressed. It's not my reality in the moment but music affects me in such a way that it can move me into a new reality.

In your case, you were stressed; listening to stress-free music brings you into a NONreality but will eventually become your new reality.

It's not a bad thing. Music soothes the soul!

• Matt85

Not in any harmful way.