Ksenia asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 1 month ago

What’s the best alternative to plastic straws?

• Joe

Don't use straws. Don't complicate things. 

• John

I found some thick paper straws on amazon.

• patty

I have been to restaurants that have paper straws. u have to watch out u don't bend them.

• zipper

Drink from a glass or the bottle or can with out one.

Best alternative to plastic straws...no straw!  There is a reason cups were invented, and it was not to house straws. You don't need a straw unless you have a serious mouth problem.

I think it's the best thing to rurn a paper straw into a plastic straw. Because it is easy to recycle if it is made of paper.

• Mr. P

Oh, I don't know, at a guess - and I may be wrong on this; How about we just use the cup or glass the drink is in?

No straw. Drink out of the container.

• al

Not using straws, you just don't need them.

• skeptik

So when your customers ask for straws, tell them that in accordance with the new restrictions, you've stopped providing them.
      It's pretty much the same thing that happens when cities institute water restrictions.

Maybe stainless steel straws.

• Supreme Thoughts

Honestly if you're a restaurant that don't want plastic straws, do you really need them? Maybe trying to be an environmentally friendly restaurant will look good. Like I hardly ever use them.