Does being the "step mom" always work out? ?

I'm asking because I'm dealing with a guy who has a infant and his baby's mom does not like me...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

What do you care if the baby mom doesn't like you? She would be the least of my problems.

What i would have an issue with is if the father has some idea that i'm going to take care of a child which isn't my biological child. Because it would not happen. The father is responsible for the child financially and emotionally. You're not

• 4 weeks ago

It does if the people involved can be mature about it and look out for the best interests of the child.

• 1 month ago

No. It doesn't always work out. In fact it's more likely not to.

• helene
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're not even a "step mom," you're just the dad's current semen receptacle.

Reading your previous posts (and your "boyfriend's," too), it's harder to imagine a dumber human being.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It depends. But it will work out just to accept them and love them as your child. 

• 1 month ago

His kids will probably call you their "evil stepmonster"!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It can work out, or it can go not so well.  In your case, the fact that your guy is the father of an infant (and not an older child) means he is fresh  out of the previous relationship with the baby's mom.  No doubt she is upset that she has this baby, and she probably thought he would marry her, but he left her instead.  Now she's mad at you for being with him.  I would take things real slow with this guy.  He's got a lot on his plate, and he'll be tied to the baby's mom for a long time.

• 1 month ago

Honestly it depends, try to be open with the kids but give them space. As a person who has had MANY "STEP MOMS" I dont like when they are so pushy, or naive.

• 1 month ago

Exactly why my sister and her ex had a clause put into the paternity agreement that neither party could disparage any partners their ex takes on.

Anyway, that's normal as hell.  Just be the bigger person.  Let her bad mouth you, if she needs that to feel happy about herself.  Meanwhile you just focus on your relationships.

Lv 6
    1 month ago

Depends on the people involved.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.