Genesis asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Can you get fired for wearing crazy color hair ?

Favorite Answer

Depends on the job.  I work in a high end professional and technical job which required the employees to have a professional look.  If they were to color their hair in some crazy way it could be grounds for firing them.  their dress code prohibits visible tattoos.  You could be fired for getting one.

Their policy also prohibits beards.  However I had mine when I was an employee for another company that they brought out.  So I am allowed to keep it.  If I were to shave it, I would not be able to regrow it.  

I have worked at other jobs where they could care less what color your hair was.  At one time I played the Grinch as part of local theater and for several weeks had green hair and beard, and nobody cared.

You need to ask the manager where you work what their policy is about hair color and the likes.

Barring local laws to the contrary, yes.

Corporate! Hahaha

Another reason I don t like office jobs. You can't wear st!t you like.

• Kate

That would depend on the culture of the workplace. Some businesses are quite conservative and so are their customers so crazy hair colour goes against their culture. If in doubt, simply ask a Manager of HR.

• LM440

Employers can fire employees for anything.  Of course, you have some recourse but it is not an easy path.  If you want a crazy hair color, it does not affect your ability to do the job.  So if you want to try it feel out your work environment and take your best shot if you think the employer will work with it.

It depends on what the policy is per employer.

At my work I've seen dudes with pink streaks - and obviously they were getting away with it.

I do wonder, though, just how many piercings one could have on their head before the district manager says something.

For a lot of companies such as the one i work for...yes

• Nancy

Yes. It happens all the time because employers can impose appearance standards that if not adhered to, establish legal cause to terminate employment.

You'd need to ask your boss, no one here knows where you work, so we can't really answer your question.