Ravana asked in PetsDogs · 6 days ago

How do I help my depressed dog?

His name is Ares and he recently got hit by a car a few days ago. He survived but one of his front legs are broken. He’s in a depressive state and he isn’t doing much to eat or drink. He’s cried all night and started to cry again. He’s around a year and a half. I want to help with him but I’m not sure what to do. He’s just been laying on the ground and he hasn’t been motivated to eat or drink and he hasn’t tried to get up although I think that’s probably normal for a dog with a broken leg.

• 16 hours ago

Put him in a mental hospital

• 4 days ago

You are a good human to love him like you do.  Just let him know you are there for him the poor little  one feels alone,  and scared and does not know what is happening.  Make  him something extra special like a hamburger and hand feed him and give him some milk and stay by his side when he is drinking it.  Gently touch his hurt leg and tell him he will be ok.  Lay by him at night, he is scared and pet him and talk gently to him.  When he gets up and can't let him know it is ok and he will get better.  He is just scared and does not know what is going on  and depends on you 100% right now for emotional support.  Your kindness will be rewarded with love an loyalty.   

• 5 days ago

I’m assuming he’s on pain medication and that might make him out of it. Consult a veterinarian or animal specialist about this. If the dog doesn’t consume enough fluids this could be life threatening and got to the pet ER. 

• 5 days ago

Try getting your dog a food puzzle and put his favorite treat in it. Maybe this will get his mind off of the broken leg and some exercise in the process.

• 5 days ago

Pop that dawg a xanny bar to make him happy

Source(s): Personal Experence
  • 5 days ago

To feed my depressed dog

Source(s): To feed.my depressed dog
    5 days ago

Take him to Vet's again tell them whats going on. They can help you.

6 days ago

I'm so sorry to hear about Ares :( , from what I know best and reading that he's been to the vet contact with him would be the best at this point. Honestly, just him being able to feel you and just hang out with him a lot if he likes to cuddle just chill with him for hours. I hope he gets better, update us if you can.

• 6 days ago

i would talk to your vet about it

• 6 days ago

Talk to the vet who repaired the break. He may need more pain relief medication. Dogs cannot take human pain relief medications.