Has anyone ever been electrocuted by their toilet?

I've heard of people being electrocuted by their faucets, but what about the toilet?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

People have NOT been electrocuted by their faucets.  They have been grounded by their faucets while holding a faulty or defective electric appliance.  GFCI breakers, outlets, or appliance plugs are now used to prevent this from happening.  Toilets have no electrical parts and you can only be grounded if you have your hand in the toilet or have a continuous uninterrupted stream connecting a faulty electrical appliance to the toilet water through you.

• roger
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If they have they  will not  answer here.  Electrocution is by  definition being killed by  electricity.  If they  were they are dead.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Never heard of either happening but with more bells and whistles, I could see it happening at some point.

• 1 month ago

NO ONE has ever been electrocuted by a faucet. The water provides a ground, but is NEVER the source of the electrical current.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i never have and hope i never do

• Olive
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Hmm not that ever heard of. But have with bathtubs when lightning came thru

• 1 month ago

No but that’s bad k buddy

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Ceramic is an insulator, so it protects you from receiving any jolt of electricity should the metal pipes its attached to ever become electrified, unlike faucets, which are a direct conduit of conductive metal to those pipes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.