Has anyone ever been electrocuted by their toilet?
I've heard of people being electrocuted by their faucets, but what about the toilet?
- InLv 71 month ago
People have NOT been electrocuted by their faucets. They have been grounded by their faucets while holding a faulty or defective electric appliance. GFCI breakers, outlets, or appliance plugs are now used to prevent this from happening. Toilets have no electrical parts and you can only be grounded if you have your hand in the toilet or have a continuous uninterrupted stream connecting a faulty electrical appliance to the toilet water through you.
- rogerLv 71 month ago
If they have they will not answer here. Electrocution is by definition being killed by electricity. If they were they are dead.
- yLv 71 month ago
Never heard of either happening but with more bells and whistles, I could see it happening at some point.
- STEVEN FLv 71 month ago
NO ONE has ever been electrocuted by a faucet. The water provides a ground, but is NEVER the source of the electrical current.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- PearlLv 71 month ago
i never have and hope i never do
- OliveLv 61 month ago
Hmm not that ever heard of. But have with bathtubs when lightning came thru
- 1 month ago
No but that’s bad k buddy
- NancyLv 61 month ago
Ceramic is an insulator, so it protects you from receiving any jolt of electricity should the metal pipes its attached to ever become electrified, unlike faucets, which are a direct conduit of conductive metal to those pipes.