Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Why is my friend cutting me out of her life just because I called her out on her disrespectful behaviour?

have this friend and I’m starting to wonder if she is being fake and really hates me underneath.

The other day my friend came over and she went through my photos saying ‘I wish I could look like this in photos, I wish I could wear a bikini and look good like you but I’m so fat’. She has done this in the past but it’s never been as bad as it was the other day. If I ever uploaded a photo of me she would message me and say ‘I want to be slim like you’ or ‘you are so beautiful I wish I could be you’ 

My friend also had an illness and was coughing and sneezing everywhere and then she said ‘I’m going to throw my dirty tissues at me so you get my illness’ and then started laughing. She also kept asking me how often I got ill and if I had strong immunity. I felt like almost the entire time I saw her that day she was making comments that pointed towards her wanting me to catch her illness. I caught her illness and so did my family, and we were unwell for months. I called her up on it and said that I wasn’t happy about what she did and that next time she was unwell I’d have to not spend time with her, and since then, she has been ignoring me

She has stopped making the effort to make plans with me and meet up, even though I’ve initiated contact with her, and she never communicates with me through texting anymore and we used to text each other all the time

why is she cutting me out of her life just because I stood up for myself and called her out on her disrespectful behaviour?

• Alan H

Why should you object that she would love to be like you?  Why ‘call he out’?

You are both better going your separate ways

Because you're a freaking drama queen that's why. If you didn't wanna catch her "ilness" which I bet was nothing more than a common cold then you should have stayed you're fat @ss at home.

She sounds jealous to me. Like how she was saying she’s fat and you’re skinny and she wants to be like you, also her having an illness and asking about your illnesses and stuff, maybe she wanted to be better than you because she thinks you’re better than her. Anyway I don’t know how old you guys are, if you’re kids/teenagers that’s fine I think but if you’re adults that weird her throwing tissues at you... I’m only a teen so idk you might not wanna listen to me idk. But usually I think teens/kids are weirder than adults and also have less self control so yeah maybe forgive her if you’re younger but yeah idkkkkk yeah

As the previous comments have stated, it seems your friend is very insecure as a person and feels spite and resentment towards you because she is jealous of you. I understand fully what it feels like losing a friend because they've changed and while I think it's hard to come to terms with the idea that a friendship isn't what it used to be, you'll be better off not having this friend in your life. You need people in your life who will care about your health and your family's health and well-being. You need friends who can swallow their pride and apologize when they are wrong (instead of acting like you are the wrong one in their story), friends who want the best for you. 

Her silent treatment and disappearance is very similar to that of a childish temper tantrum, a child who wants to get away with doing the wrong things, never taking responsibility. 

It's a hard pill to swallow, but sometimes you outgrow people, the people with low standards when it comes to friends (the same immature mindset) tend to keep people around for years because they themselves have not grown and outgrown those people.

You deserve people who respect you.

• Moya

Obsessed  and no boundaries  a control  freak 

She is obsessive and weird.  My assessment  let her go away.

She sounds very very possessive of you. She wants you to be her and wants you to go through the same struggles she does. 

She doesn't like boundaries. Many people don't. My life looks entirely different than it did two months ago because I set boundaries with people who were perfectly content to continue running all over me. You should not have to tell an adult (I'm assuming) not to throw their snotty tissues at people. You're nicer than me. That behavior would have turned me off from hanging out with her altogether. 

• latf4 weeks agoReport

she did nto throw it, she just said she wil throw it.

If you've been friends with this person for a very long time....ask her what's truly going on. 

Do not throw away years of friendship just yet. Maybe she's going through hard times right now. She could be dealing with a lot of stress, depression, or maybe she's the one who caught an illness and this is her way of "dealing" with it. 

Whatever the case may be.....how she's treating you is not right. This is not what true friends do...but I do know that they talk to eachother and communication is key for any relationship to last. Speak with her on it and try to see things from her perspective a bit. It could be a phase that she's going through in her life, and you can help her by providing resources or other people she can go to, in order to get the help that she needs. 

If you've tried this, done it more than once, and there's still no getting through to her....it probably just means that she's not your real friend and you have the right to cut off all ties with her. Friends do have disagreements every once in a while and there's no "perfect" relationship....but it doesn't mean that you should put up with her B.S., if she doesn't let you in, by saying the underlying reasons to her behavior. By then, it's a lost cause that you really can't fix, and you should move on with your life....to new friends who treat you in the same way you'd want to treat them. I hope that all of this helps, and you can refer your friend to this webpage as a resource.

LINK: https://www.healthfulchat.org/mental-health-chat-r...

I'm sure that you're a great friend....but you deserve to be happy too. True friendship isn't one-sided. 

It's unfortunate she is being a butt and is childish. There are many people that would treat you respectfully. I think it's best to get as far away from her my love.