Toast asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How long does it take to get over a nervous breakdown?

I snapped about 5 months ago and there are definitely still some residual effects. I can't follow things like conversations. I seem to have aversions to certain things. Thinking has been drastically impaired. This is all 5 months later.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

you can start feeling better the next day if you went and got help.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

ROUND #2, if you keep on asking here....

• 4 weeks ago

From my own experience, I can tell you that you have a much better chance of getting over it if you do not allow them to give you psychiatric medications. Because the physiological and neurological damage from these drugs can cause an additional layer of trauma on top of the trauma that you’ve already experienced. 

• David
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28, KJV).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

There is no such thing as a "nervous breakdown" because nerves don't break down.

And so without knowing what exactly happened to you 5 months ago, it is hard to answer.

Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Attachment image
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

https://quotefancy.com/quote/797902/Eckhart-Tolle-The-ego-says-I-shouldn-t-have-to-suffer-and-that-thought-makes-you-suffer

• 1 month ago

Work on yourself and your mental health. There is tons of self-help on line

• 1 month ago

Took me about 6 months.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.