Toast asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How long does it take to get over a nervous breakdown?

I snapped about 5 months ago and there are definitely still some residual effects. I can't follow things like conversations. I seem to have aversions to certain things. Thinking has been drastically impaired. This is all 5 months later.

you can start feeling better the next day if you went and got help.

ROUND #2, if you keep on asking here....

From my own experience, I can tell you that you have a much better chance of getting over it if you do not allow them to give you psychiatric medications. Because the physiological and neurological damage from these drugs can cause an additional layer of trauma on top of the trauma that you’ve already experienced. 

• David

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28, KJV).

There is no such thing as a "nervous breakdown" because nerves don't break down.

And so without knowing what exactly happened to you 5 months ago, it is hard to answer.

• .
    • .

https://quotefancy.com/quote/797902/Eckhart-Tolle-The-ego-says-I-shouldn-t-have-to-suffer-and-that-thought-makes-you-suffer

Work on yourself and your mental health. There is tons of self-help on line

Took me about 6 months.