Are cheap Chinese engine kits any good?

I blew my engine on my bike (96 Suzuki Dr200) from what I believe was all the oil leaking out on the highway and subsequent failure (sounds like it spun a bearing or dropped a valve). Anyway, its locked up and nonfunctional now and I need to rebuild it. Parts are so obscure for it though that the cheapest (and sometimes only) available parts I can find are brand new extremely cheap (65 bucks) kits consisting of the piston, rings, gaskets, block, etc. Have any of you had experience with these? I don't want to use it if I have a choice, but I may not.

12er1223ewfrwerf23rf2343e

Find a used engine from cycle salvage. You have all winter to swap out the junked engine.

Pick up a piece of polished mahogany. It's smooth and has beautiful grain.  Now pick up a piece of rough pine.

That's like the comparison between a Japanese motorcycle and a Chinese one.

.  All the oil leaking out has more to do with GASKETS. No motor handles that misuse.

I would not bother rebuilding it.  It is HOSED!  Buy another bike. It will be cheaper and you can go up in size and newer.  Don't muck up this time with lack of oil.  Maybe get another Suzi and many of the parts should be transferable over.(basically the same design and screw sizes.)

The easy way is to check mc junkyards for a bike that t-boned a car or truck or train and crunched the front forks but has a perfectly ok engine.

Buy a different bike.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

If you ran it out of oil, sounds like you need a whole new engine.  And not just the stuff you have listed here.  

• Ian K

Try a Suzuki parts desk.  

• Ian K

Can also get parts for my older bikes that haven't had manufacturer support since the 1970's, have to do some digging and actually use a phone....