Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 8 months ago

Why do Americans think hard-work is a good thing?

My own brother criticized me, and 

said I've never worked a 12 hour shift. 

While that's true, I don't understand 

why he would say that. I did not 

come to this Earth to work to death. 

I work full-time at Starbucks, 

and that is tiring enough. Your thoughts? 

• Zirp

Americans live to work. They have this superstition that working makes money come into existence

• Anonymous8 months agoReport

no they don't they whine an dcomplain and hate on thsoe who actually do work while they stand around and flap and yap.

Work hard, then you have an excuse to play hard. Some ppl just want to be thankful to God.

You sound like a millennium. 

Americans are considered to be lazy & don't wanna work. That's their reputation.

It's not hard work, but smart work that gets you ahead.  The problem is that smart work is also generally hard.  Your choices are your own, but you give up the right to complain if you take the position that working is not important.

cause it is and you can get stuff working hard for it

He is jealous. Plain and simple. I have a conservative friend who is jealous of my liberal friend because she’s a nurse, makes 2-3x as much as my conservative friend in wages and only works 3 days a week. He looks for an excuse to justify his jealous by saying she’s lazy and stupid. Doesn’t matter.

• Ben Dover

Nursing is a tough, no nonsense job that's one of the hardest on the planet.    Your friend earns every dime she's paid.  Wait for the day your other friend needs a nurse.  He'll have his nose rubbed in his jealousy.  And it'll have damned little to do with who is conservative and who is liberal.

If you think making a cup of coffee is "tiring", you have a MAJOR problem. You need to do some real work once in your life.

• Raye8 months agoReport

It's a bit more than that. They don't get to sit down. They have to make very complicated orders. They have to work fast and always be accurate even when they can't hear the person clearly. Drive-thru orders, counter orders and orders from the mobile app at the same time. Would not want that job.

My thoughts are that America was not founded or built by the unmotivated or underachievers but there sure are an awful lot of them now .

Where'd they all come from ?

• AskZilla

@Ryde On OMG. Shut up. This country was built on the horrors of slavery, abuse, exploitation, subjugation, extortion. Don't try and sugar coat it

Asian people do,america canadausa humans are not hardworking

• maxiemax8 months agoReport

Are these the same asian people who will die sitting in front of a video game for 60 hours?