Ate a donut during a cold, bad idea?

Ive been sick all day with a cold and was craving a vanilla donut. I ate one, and now Im all freaked out by the sugar inhibiting my immune system and I dont feel any better. Will I be even worse off now that I ate it? My heart is beating a little faster now, probably just anxiety, but I would love some advice?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

very bad idea, surprised you're not dead yet.

• 4 weeks ago

If you feel like having a donut then have one. 

If you are sick and do not feel like eating then don't have one.  But even if you are sick and you feel like eating then it does not matter. 

Pay attention to your body, it will tell you when to not eat.  (If you feel like hurling then obviously you are not going to want to eat)

• 4 weeks ago

Donuts have been eaten here in Europe for over 500 years...it is fine

• 4 weeks ago

Wow. Stop being so hung up on stuff like that. Ita worse for you than eating a donut. You sound close to an eating disorder

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Apparently you don't realize the amount of sugar you take in in the run of the day, just from the normal food you eat. You will be fine. Calm down,

• 4 weeks ago

No, it’s fine. It won’t hurt

• Joe
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

All my life, whenever I catch a cold I binge on sugar.  Chocolates, pop tarts, cookies, cakes, for about two days. It always makes me feel better and it never worsens or prolongs the cold.  Whatever works for you I guess.

• 4 weeks ago

if it was chocolate or filled then vomit it out now!!!

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I dont think one donut will harm you.

The saying is "Starve a fever, Feed a cold"!

• Brian
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You're suffering from hypochondria.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.