Ate a donut during a cold, bad idea?

Ive been sick all day with a cold and was craving a vanilla donut. I ate one, and now Im all freaked out by the sugar inhibiting my immune system and I dont feel any better. Will I be even worse off now that I ate it? My heart is beating a little faster now, probably just anxiety, but I would love some advice?

very bad idea, surprised you're not dead yet.

If you feel like having a donut then have one. 

If you are sick and do not feel like eating then don't have one.  But even if you are sick and you feel like eating then it does not matter. 

Pay attention to your body, it will tell you when to not eat.  (If you feel like hurling then obviously you are not going to want to eat)

Donuts have been eaten here in Europe for over 500 years...it is fine

Wow. Stop being so hung up on stuff like that. Ita worse for you than eating a donut. You sound close to an eating disorder

Apparently you don't realize the amount of sugar you take in in the run of the day, just from the normal food you eat. You will be fine. Calm down,

No, it’s fine. It won’t hurt

• Joe

All my life, whenever I catch a cold I binge on sugar.  Chocolates, pop tarts, cookies, cakes, for about two days. It always makes me feel better and it never worsens or prolongs the cold.  Whatever works for you I guess.

if it was chocolate or filled then vomit it out now!!!

• denise

I dont think one donut will harm you.

The saying is "Starve a fever, Feed a cold"!

• Brian

You're suffering from hypochondria.