Im 18 and im checking into a hotel with a friend that is only 17. Is that allowed or do they have to also be 18?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Shouldn't be an issue but it's up to the hotel and its policy.

• 4 weeks ago

Have your friend wait in the car or the hotel lobby while you check in. When they ask you how many guests you have just say two. They are not going to check their id.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Unless your friend is older with a major credit card, neither of you are.

• 4 weeks ago

MOST hotels won't allow you to rent a room under the age of 21 or 25. There are no actual laws involved.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No he has to be 16 years old

• 4 weeks ago

You would have to be the host in this case. You would be over him. You would be his or her keeper.

• 4 weeks ago

The big chains are hot on over 18s only. I stayed in a hotel on my own when I was 16 but that was in 1999. They might all be hot on ages now, better ring some independent ones and ask, or just turn up, they might not question your age. I'm pretty sure I looked exactly the same when I was 17 to when I was 18.

• 4 weeks ago

Illegal. They won't allow it. In fact, usually, they would not accept you either. Most hotels require that you are at least age 21, unless you are with your parents.

• Ding Dong
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

It's not illegal, they just worry too much and have over 18 policies.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Call the hotel to make sure that's not an issue. The hotels that I usually stay at require the person who books the room to be at least 21.

• Depends on the country and the hotel policy. Why not just ask the hotel?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.