Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 4 weeks ago

Am I jerk for wanting my roommate to remove her underwear from the kitchen sink?

So I washed my silverware and I saw that one of my roommates left their UNDERWEAR soaking in the KITCHEN sink. Personally, I feel that underwear should only be washed in a bathroom sink. I have never seen this happen before until today.

*I post in the group me*

"Hey, there's underwear in the kitchen sink. Could someone remove it?"

*one of my roommates LEAVES the group me*

The other one (same one leaving laundry): "Hey I will remove my stuff when I get home. They're clean. I just spilled something on them and I washed out the stain"

Me: "Ok in the future could you do that in the bathroom sink or tub?"

Her: "It's not your side of the sink though"

Me: "It's the kitchen....."

Her: "It's not your side of the sink"

Update:

She thinks it's okay to do that because she had already washed her underwear in the washing machine and was only leaving them in the sink to get a stain out since she spilled something on it

3 Answers

Relevance
  • VAA
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

New rule roomies:  Underwear will not be left to soak anywhere food is prepared or dishes washed...period.  How do you divide a sink into "sides" when the water fills the entire area?  Personally I wouldn't want her nasty drawers soaking where I wash my face and brush my teeth but I could deal with the bathroom sink being used as long as the soak is a short one.  

• drip
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Once again. Group meeting and get some rules set. Common areas should not have personal stuff left in them

• 4 weeks ago

I would have done the same thing you would have done. That’s just nasty to wash her underwear in the kitchen sink. What if there’s a skid mark on her underwear. She could be contaminating the dishes that you eat with her turd. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.