Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 9 months ago

I know someone who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer which has spread to the liver. He was told if chemo is effective he has 8-9 months?

How long can he expect to live if the chemo does not work?

They told him there is a 40 percent chance it will shrink the tumors, 20 percent chance they will remain the same size and 40 percent chance the chemo does nothing and they continue to grow.

If it does nothing for him, how long would he have? How long would he still be able to get around and function normally before he is confined to a bed?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Math
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

    My friend died of pancreatic cancer in September of this year. 

    He lasted 41 months after diagnosis. He was diagnosed in April 2016.

    By December 2017, it had spread to his liver. He still survived nearly 21 months after that.

    Chemo was able to shrink his tumors. That's why he lasted 41 months. 

    This person's survival depends upon the result of chemo. If it can shrink his tumor he might possibly last at least an year or 2. 

    If the chemo does nothing then unfortunately he has very short time.

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    I have pancreatic cancer. The initial chemo did not work for me. I was told I had 1 year to live. They then gave me palliative chemo which was only to possibly prolong my life a little. A relative gave me Beta 1,3D Glucan which has not gone through the FDA yet. My tumor has now shrunk half an inch and my tumor marker (CA 19-9) went down to 32 in October, which is in the normal range. (In Aug of this year it was in the 800's.) The physicians don't know what to make of it and of course did not listen when I told them about the Beta Glucan. I don't think it will work alone but with the palliative chemo seems to be shrinking. I take two 500mg capsules every morning and wait 1hr before eating. Just an FYI for you. Mine has not spread yet.

  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

    I'm no expert...but it sounds like it depends on the person and how their body reacts to the treatment.  I would definitely see what the doctors think.

    Cancer is awful.  It often times robs a family of a loved one...or it robs a person of his/her dignity.  What gives me comfort though is what the Bible tells us at Isaiah 33:24 - "And no resident will say:  "I am sick"...  God promises that one day, nobody on the Earth will be sick. 

     

    In the meantime, we have to endure pain, sickness, and death.  The link below contains some helpful information why suffering is allowed by God.

    https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/good-news-from...

  • LAN
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    Are you honestly so dim that you can't figure out on your own that if the treatment doesn't work. He will likely have less time?

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

    Oh deary me! This sounds very sad.

    Pancreatic cancer is usually a very aggressive form of cancer. If the treatment does not work, then he will probably only have a very small number of weeks to life.

    I'm very sorry about this.

  • 9 months ago

    Well, I would never allow Chemo therapy. We have a clean bio body which only need clean bio medicine - no weapon of mass destruction (Chemo is nothing else than the mustard gas from WWI). I do not fear cancer - I would treat myself.

  • 9 months ago

    Ask his doctors. Every cancer patient has different circumstances, it's impossible to tell just from the information provided here.

  • 9 months ago

    Chemo will not save him. He needs to look for a natural or homeopath way to shrink his tumors. Right now I recommend him not eat any carbohydrates or sugar or glucose. Since these things will only make the cancer cells grow faster. Cancer cells live off glucose. Its called a ketogenic diet. Depending on the type of cancer he has, look for natural ways to shrink tumors. There are many vegetables such as beets that can shrink specific tumors.

    But since its pancreatic cancer, the survival rate is extremely low for that. I don't even know if these methods will help much

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.