Cancer Question?

My dad has Non Small Cell Lung Cancer , It’s only Stage 1 because it’s only in his Left lung not even in his other one, Just 1 lung , He Starts Chemo this week , If Chemo Works And Kills it, What the life expectansy after that

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Allow me to call his Doctor and then I'll come back with the answer.

What is his Doctor's name?

• LAN
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

How do you expect anyone here to know?  We aren't doctors, even if we were we don't have access to enough information to answer this.

Here's a registrants idea...instead of asking here why don't you ask your father?  After all his doctor would give him updates on his condition.  For some reason his doctor forgot to inform the rest of us.

Grow up and stop begging for attention.

• 4 weeks ago

At present, nobody knows.

So look at the positives:-

It’s been discovered at an early stage. Already that has hugely increased your father’s chances of surviving it.

Once chemo has been completed there’s a good chance that there will be far less cancer present than before. After that a decision will be taken whether to carry out surgery, more chemotherapy, or to commence radiotherapy.

After treatment has ended your father will initially be subject to six monthly reviews. Every one of those he passes increases the chances that this cancer has been beaten. If all goes well he’ll eventually be on annual reviews and his chances of living a normal lifespan improve hugely with every one he passes. But because he’s under close periodic review it also means any new cancers (which may be totally unconnected to his current one) will also be detected at very early stages.

Cancer is no longer the death sentence it once was and many are now highly survivable. After your father’s chemo has been completed his oncologist will have a much better idea of the chances of your father living a normal lifespan.

• 4 weeks ago

Hello my dear!

Unfortunately we have no way of predicting the life expectancy, everybody responds differently to treatment.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No one can predict a life expectancy. If the cancer is gone after Chemotherapy, then they doctors will ask your father to come in every six months or so for a re-check to make sure he's doing ok.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.