Why the hell would anybody pay this much for cell phones?

Anyone who buys phones for that much has got to be crazy or stupid which is it LOL my phone only costed $60

And I know there is more expensive phones than that out there but why in the world would you spend that much?

Anyone using the term "costed" shouldn't be calling anyone stupid.

• chorle

Features and Status. I have not been excited about any smartphone I paid under $150 for because most have too low of memory to be useful if you want to use it as a smartphone. Those might be last years models for that price if they are Top of the Lin / Flagship phones 

Generally the Flagship Phones are better and faster although you can currently also get smartphones for under $300 that are very adequate for what most people need  

Because we can spend our hard- earned money however we wish. kthnxbai

• Olive

Id never pay that much myself. My phone was around 150 or so and thats cause was little newer and bigger screen. Not nearly as much as those

I did because this is the only way to get them non contracted. I still would have to use my credit card to pay it off monthly because I cannot pay it all up front

How much other people pay for phones is not your problem.

They are free to waste their own money as they see fit.

• Joseph4 weeks agoReport

Ok that's fine but I'm just saying dummy.

The only answer that matters, because they can. 

Many think paying the phones off in smaller monthly chunks, makes it cheaper. But these same people will refuse an extra five to ten dollars a month for replacement insurance, should the phone get destroyed or needs a screen replacement, because that extra money each month, makes it cost too much (in their eyes). Once the screen gets cracked or the phones physically damaged in some way, they rush to online forums wanting sneaky ways to buy coverage to get it fixed, or get the limited manufacturers warrant to cover butter finger, meets sidewalk. 

And still others that get spend items (not just phones), as some sort of status measurement. What they don't know is most people won't care what they own, or can even tell what they own if "THEY" are not telling others what they have. 

• Ah, but it's not cool. Apple and Samsung are laughing all the way to the bank because of cool.