Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

Can you pull your diaphragm ?

I think I pulled something in my chest, I have a really sharp pain if I breathe in deep. It gets worse if I stretch my arms above my head or twist my body. Also, how could I fix this? Thanks.

5 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    Generally speaking no, you cannot pull your diaphragm, but that being said, it is still a muscle, so it is possible, but there are a lot of muscles that are up in your chest area, and there are a lot of other things that can cause difficulty with breathing such as pleurisy, muscle spasms, not necessarily from the diaphragm, and other things.  Your best bet is to talk with your doctor or to go to a physiotherapist.

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    anything is possible but i would go see your doctor about it

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Sorry don't have advice but word of warning, if u go to the Dr u will need several opinions

     Bc ultrasounds typically show a mirror artifact error on the diaphragm, bc it's such a highly reflective surface. It shows organs above the diaphragm that are actually below your diaphragm (such as liver, spleen, etc) So u may be falsely told u have a diaphragmatic hernia, a common diagnoses from ultrasound errors. If u see a pulmonary Dr, they actually depend on the mirror artifact error to be there, bc if it's not they imagine it means certain lung disorders. So anytime ultrasound is involved, plz do not have any immediate procedures done until ur absolutely sure what's going on. The machine is akin to a circus funhouse mirror on the organs.

    Even if it hurts at first may want to try just slowly stretching a while. Also heartburn may cause it, not saying it's heartburn but worth checking out. But only you know the situation so do not consider this if it may make anything worse.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Pull women, not diaphragms.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    ANY muscle or muscle group can be strained.

    See a medical doctor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.