Do you think young people will be worse off than their parents in Australia?

I filled out the Australia Talks survey just to see the results and there are some interesting findings. Almost everybody thinks young people are going to be worse off than older generations. The younger people are, the more sure of this fact they are. The 75+ group are by far the most optimistic but still only 32% of them think young people will have life as good as their parents.

This fits into the larger trend of most people in Australia being dissatisfied with the way Australia is going. 62% of people are not pleased with where the country is heading. 57% of people are not satisfied with the education system providing people with appropriate skills for the future.

Is Australia really going down the toilet?

Yes  the cost of  living is  through  the roof  and  we have been invaded by  the mongols and the third world

I think you hate Bojo and he will win the election. 

• Half Drawn Boy

What do you have against Bojo? You just hate him because he refused to form a pact with Farage. He’s alright though, a much better bet than Corbyn. Labour are a mess, they really need Tom Watson in charge. I would vote Lib Dems if I was in the UK but the Tories will win. 

While Australian household wealth has nearly tripled over the past three ... in Australia, then we could have a generation emerge from young adulthood with ... What do young people think of their progress and prospects? .... On paper I look better off than my parents. ... So I'm doing worse off in that regard.

They will  worse off because of to much immigration from third world countries mostly ones in the middle east 

It's not an issue exclusive to Australia - generally the current generation will be less well off than their parents

And Brexit will do your country well, you DH!

• Mr Jinx

What I don't understand is why your'e such a judgemental tool. If you only could join the facebook group solely dedicated to reading your pathetic posts you would understand better. On Facebook its called HDB's Stupid Yahoo Posts. Soon it should go viral. Keep up these ridiculous posts.

High debt nations (like the United States) will pass their debts to their kids. The whole world will be affected when the United States fails. Yet, Australia and New Zealand are somewhat disconnected from the rest of the world, trading mostly within itself. This means that they will be hurt less by the inevitable collapse of world economies.

• DIEGO.

this is a good question!