Do you like being timed when you leave the house?

My wife has this thing to where she has to know your every move the minute you leave her eyesight.  For years I have told her to stop timing me when I leave the house.  If I say I'm going to get gas she'll assume I'm going to the gas station right behind our house.  I may want to go to a station I like down the street or even one I say that has the cheapest gas across town.  Last night my wife and I had been watching TV for a few hours then I decided I needed to go get something from my daughter's apartment.  First of all my wife thought it was strange that I "all of a sudden" needed to go get something from my daughter's place.  When I left I noticed I needed gas so I stopped.  My phone was on silent so I didn't notice it had rung and there were several text messages from my wife.  She hit me up asking where I was.  We had an argument about it because I've told her multiple times I'm not a child.  I'm 50 and if I want to stop by the store or just go the long way around that shouldn't be a problem.  Yes, she's done this multiple times.  She even has a tracker on her 23 and 25 year old son's phones to find out exactly where they are. This morning she brought it up again and then made the assumption I don't like being "tracked" because I'm probably going down to the gas station to talk to someone.  

Sat, my wife left the house several times and she seemed to get upset that I didn't call her to check on her.  We went to a baby shower for our niece at a restaurant and her oldest son had an episode that day so they were watching him at the hospital.  My wife decided to leave with her mom to go by the hospital so me and our granddaughter came on home.  Not once did I call to check up on her.  I know she was coming home so I'd talk to her then.  She got upset.  Was I wrong?

No. So I cheated on her.

It sounds like your Wife has huge Trust issues. Maybe you have given her reasons in the past not to trust you??. The best thing is to sit down with her and have a good chat and put her insecurities to rest. Another thing you could do is when you leave the house to go to your daughters place or get gas ask her if she wants to go for a drive.

• Linda

You are not wrong and your wife has some issues. I believe she likes to be in control because she feels insecure and feels like she is going nuts unless she knows what everyone is doing every minute. She probably has OCD issues. How was she when you married her? When did these issues start? You may benefit from marriage counseling so your wife can learn to trust and not worry all of the time which would make life a lot easier.

• n2mama

Don’t you have a history of cheating on her? And you really can’t understand why she might be suspicious and controlling after that? Clearly the trust in your relationship has been totally destroyed, and you are more concerned about how it affects you than what you need to do to resolve it. All your questions are negative and bashing of her, why are you still married?

I would freak if my boyfriend did that to me.  That is mean and rude.  Sorry to hear of this.

I'm not timed when I leave the house and you're in a bit of an emotionally abusive relationship. It's one thing to want to know where your adult children are... Quite another to be keeping your partner on such a short leash. One wonders if you've done something in the past to make her so paranoid about your movements.

She has extreme control and trust issues she should have addressed with a competent therapist. If you’ve not cheated on her, or if she’s continued this behavior since early in your relationship, it’s gotten out of hand. Following her sons is only going to drive them away. Without a trace, likely.

• BOBBER

No I don't like being watched or timed. It sounds like she is insecure.

Why are you still married to this abusive controlling wife? She sounds completely nuts, and yet you put up with this behaviour. Tell her that you are not playing her game anymore and that she needs serious counselling and tell her that unless she gets it, you're leaving her. You've got to get real about this, because if you don't, your life will be restricted even more than it already is.

Your wife and you need to communicate.For her it's like you are hiding information from her,for her to stop this kind of behaviour there should be a lot of communication.

A wife is not only about marrying a woman,taking her home giving her all the materials things she need but it's also sharing something about your journey,your g

fear or sorrow and things that bother you the most.