jayson asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

What is going on with my hair(s)?

To keep it short, I’m 16 years and 6 months old. I’ve noticed that some of my body hairs have been turning into tight curls, while some are looser, and some are straighter. I got a perm on the top of my head so i’m not sure what my hair type is up there now but, can anyone explain what’s going on?

Favorite Answer

That's normal. Different body areas produce vastly different types of hair. So different in fact that scientists can tell where a hair came from based on diameter, shape, structure and more. Getting curly hair one place and straight another is normal. Having a mix of dark and light is normal. Whatever you are growing is 100% normal.  What's going on is late puberty, where your body transitions from being a teen to becoming an adult. Body hair is part of being an adult so the fact yours is changing shows you are changing into an adult.

BTW: The texture and color of the hair on your head has nothing to do with the texture and color of body hair. Different genes control each.

This happens with puberty.