Is it ok to eat raw chicken Sometimes?

I have developed a taste for raw chicken but my whole life have heard it’s dangerous to eat...while making stir tried a small price of raw chicken Brest I like the taste and texture it’s different but am worried one day I will get sick.

Lately I’ve been eating a whole raw chicken Brest for lunch or dinner at least 3 days a week.

Is it really as dangerous as they say?

• 1 week ago

No you can get really sick from that stop eating it like that, & just cook it n eat it the safe way

• Ann

Eating raw meat is extremely dangerous, because it can contain salmonella bacteria, which will at the very least make you very ill and at the worst, can kill you.  I don't know where you live, but in the U.S., two million lbs. of raw chicken were recalled last week by chicken producers because the USDA (dept. of agriculture testing) found the meat was full of this poison.  It comes from the meat being handled in unsanitary conditions when it is processed.  Since you don't know how the raw chicken was handled before you bought it in the market, I certainly wouldn't take that chance if I were you.

No. This is how you can end up with food borne bacteria like ecoli, salmonella etc. So please be wise, and don't do it.

It's NEVER ok to eat raw meat, period! Raw meat contains bacterias such e-coli,  campybloacter, salmonella etc, all these bacterias can make you very sick.  You can get anything from!

I work in a restaurant and whenever I touch raw meat (often), the first thing I do is wash my hands thoroughly, I don't even put my hands on any objects, dishes etc without cleaning the bacteria off.

You my friend are playing a very dangerous game here with your health.

Source(s): I work in a restaurant/trained in health and food safety.

Are you just so hungry or preoccupied that you’re eating it raw or too lazy to cook it? Trust me it is much more delicious cooked!! And safer than getting food poisoning!! Is your stove broken? If there is some other factors to this scenario you have left out I suggest you talk to your roommates or someone who can help get your stove fixed or teach you how to cook the chicken! I feel almost sick to my stomach pondering this subject

hell yea i do it all the time

Yes because it will you superpowers

Chicken can harbor salmonella bacteria or e coli you'll find out when you catch it you'll never do it again it's the worst case of food poisoning that you'll ever feel

• kelvin

after your dead you won't have too worry about it

Yes it is dangerous. Develop a taste for clam instead it has pretty much the same texture and you could like the way it tastes. I don't know how you don't have food poisoning or salmonella yet but stop.