If we stopped pollution tomorrow, what would the effect on the temperature of the earth be without global dimming?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Bgnhnumujjmj,Jim,j,,kk,I,I,I,i

• 4 weeks ago

Of course it will be good.

• 4 weeks ago

It depends on what you call pollution. If you cal CO2 pollution, then you would have to stop breathing. 

If you think forest fires is pollution then good luck on that. If you consider stopping volcanoes from polluting, well, good luck on that also. 

One of the most powerful greenhouse gases is water in vaporous form. Do you consider that pollution? 

First of all, you would have to define pollution as you see it. Then we can sanely examine the impact.  

If you are referring to manmade pollution, then it would be very minimal. Everything the environmentalists tell you about Global Warming is blown out of proportion. For example: They tried to scare us by showing us that in Iceland there was a glacier that was dumping 2,000,000 tons of ice into the ocean each day during the summer. And this was abnormal and caused by man. Sounds like a lot, doesn't it? However, if you factor that 2 million tons out, it only amounts to 0.00000004% of the ocean's water. How much of that is evaporated each day? Simple grade school science logic show all of us that there is a natural water cycle and it is immense. Too immense for man to alter it in any substantial form.  

So you have to think about the immensity of the whole earth and what tiny influence man's actions effect it.

• 4 weeks ago

Depends on the definition of pollution, first of all. If you mean humans stopped producing CO2, then likely nothing temperature-wise. CO2 has negligible impact on global temperatures (see study link below). If we took all the CO2 out of the atmosphere (an impossibility) we would all die because CO2 is necessary for plants to grow. CO2 is a plant fertilizer not a pollutant.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Earth would still warm for 20 to 40 years until we see the full effect of the feedbacks.

• Liz
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

If the pollution crisis weighs heavily upon the human heart, think how it must feel to the One who created “the seas and all that is in them.” (Nehemiah 9:6) Eventually, the time must be fast approaching when he will “bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”—Revelation 11:18.

• 1 month ago

right now the earth has a problem with too little CO2, stop producing CO2 we will all surely die

• 1 month ago

If your paid, alarmist asss would stop polluting Yahoo with dumb threads, then there would be no more Pure Comedy Gold!

• Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Zero affect   ..................

• Mike
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You  are  a climate cultist 

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If we stopped polluting, that would mean we were all dead so who would be left to care?  The climate would likely go on virtually unchanged IMO.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.