Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Is 5 weeks enough time to heal from bunion surgery?

I’m only 22 so hopefully that’s beneficial in speeding up the healing process. I’m having Screws and a plate put in my foot. I’ll be no weight bearing for 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks with a boot. Based off experiences of anyone else does 5 weeks sound like enough time to heal and go back to my factory job. My doctor said 5-6 weeks is fine but I’m just a little nervous about it and would like some reassurance. I’m also very nervous about this surgery.  Thank you. 

Your surgeon should have counseled you on the procedure and the effects Prior to the procedure so you could make an informed decision.

You should have gotten a PAPER detailing the care and expected results, listing the follow up  office visit and any treatments during recovery.

Two weeks off is likely to be plenty of time if you can work with the boot on.  Otherwise 5 weeks will likely work unless you heal more slowly than normal.