Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

I only have frozen vegetables not fresh. Can I still make delicious chicken noodle soup?

• Sparky

Sure. There is nothing wrong with frozen veggies.

I don't put vegetables in my chicken noodle soup. I do cook down onions and sometimes a little celery in butter for the base of the soup and it goes into the broth, but beside that, all i use are noodles and chicken

Yes, yet you’d add these after the broth and other ingredients have simmered, rather than sautéing fresh diced vegs before adding stock.

• denise

Yes, use a good chicken stock, or boil up a chicken carcass.

Add your frozen veggies near the end of cooking, with the vermicelli [noodles].

the only veg I put in my noodle soup is celery, onions and carrots.

You can put what ever you want in your soup. Has nothing to do with whether its fresh or not.

• GFH

Fresh vegetables is preferable, but frozen vegetables will be okay

I like to use fresh but that will work just fine.

Fresh is often better than "fresh" particularly if the veggie is not in season. 

Just don't use canned. (I would omit a veg if the only other option was canned)

Yes .

Post this in the FOOD category please.