Nat asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 3 weeks ago

My jade plant has spider webs? (not spider mites or mealybugs)?

It isn't affecting the plant whatsoever, its growing tall and has never wilted. There's just very thin spider webs all over near the bottom of the plant. If it isn't harming the plant is it okay to leave the spider? I leave the plant indoors next to my bed and I have never spotted the spider itself. Before it was there, I noticed fruit flies all over but now that the web is huge, the flies have vanished. I'm comfortable leaving it, was just wondering if someone else knew more?

Might be a wee spider living in there eating all the bugs that may damage your plant.

Yea, by all means let the spider stay,,your plants best friend.

Might be a dwarf spider or one of the good predatory mites.

It's probably a tiny spider, or it could be one of several mites that create webs too. It'll do no harm, in fact it might be a benefit in catching small flies.  We currently have one in a money plant and occasionally find the "empties" hung up in there.

Yeah should be alright maybe spray it with potassium soap was red legged earth mites can have webs 

So spray a little bit of neem oil on it