can anyone help me how to explain, "how to avoid plagiarism". please!?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Yes I can, now write this down.....

• zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You read the piece and then put it in your own words.  YOU DO NOT COPY IT!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Easy, don't copy someone else's work.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you are quoting somebody else's exact words, put them in quotation marks. If you are paraphrasing somebody's words, make sure that you are rephrasing them in your own words. And in all cases cite your sources.

It's not fcuking rocket science, kid.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

That's more complicated than most people want to admit. The general rule is that you don't have to cite a source for information that is "common knowledge". For example, if you are a student in the US, you can say that George Washington was the first president of the US without citing a source. But it's often hard to know what is common knowledge and what isn't. As for paraphrasing something you've read from a source, many students make the mistake of trying to go along the sentences and change each word for a synonym. It's much better to put the written text away and think about how you'd explain to a friend what you've read about. Then cite the source of that information.

• 1 month ago

by writing down who did the article and give them credit for it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would instead make the claim that plagiarism is unavoidable. 

“What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.” 

Ecclesiastes 1:9

• 1 month ago

And copy me????? Ironic.

• marty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    • Belle4 weeks agoReport

What do you think maintaining your integrity would involve in your chosen career?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.