Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Why do adults act like they are Above little children?

I see some Parent and little kids. When the kid wants to play the Parent does not play with them. Why do parents act like they are too cool to interact and play on the small child’s level? They are Yung and they want you to play with them. The Parent does not want to sit and play and have fun with their kid?

Why don’t they sit on the floor with the child and  just play with them? Come down to the child’s developmental level and Eye level and Truly be there and interact

I think that all to often some children get overlooked by adults because some adults think that because they are bigger and Know more then a child. They do not need to stoop down to a small child’s eye level or developmental level. And so they stay standing up above the child, and yes their body size to show power and dominance over the child

That depend on the parents ,not all don't want to play with their kids.

• Mark

We are,

Both literally & in our status b/c we're

taller + have lived way longer than any

child has some of us many times over.

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

• .

Some people think they are above life, I was brought up in such a home. My father never got to know his kids, and he didn't want to lower himself to a child's level... What happened with that behaviour he ended up missing out on his grandchildren's lives, because he was too busy with a new wife that took him far away from all his grandchildren. I don't even know if he knows his grandchildren's names.

• Jill

I agree but you are just assuming that they NEVER play with their children. You don't know that. Parents can't be on constant beck-and-call every single time their child wants to play.

• martin

Kids when they grow up, will remember the adults who played with them instead of just sitting there doing nothing.

You are correct.

It was Dr. Benjamin Spock who wrote:

"The GREATEST GIFT you can give your children is your time and attention."

And he was right.  It costs nothing yet it is so valuable.