Am I up a creek without a paddle , will I fail at life , or is there help for someone like me?

Due to my severe mental health disability, I am unable to be housed with other people, having a roommate is not a possibility, I must live alone in a dwelling.

I must rely on someone else to co-sign an apartment for me. In the event that this does not happen, I see myself as being in deep trouble.

What am I supposed to do ? Go to a homeless shelter, or stay in a mental hospital, or simply just live out on the streets?

I am often times in between jobs, or have no job at all. Other times when I do have employment, my income is not sufficient enough for a landlord to accept me as a new tenant.

Am I in a situation in which I will FAIL in life? Do people like myself end up in jail or a mental health institution? Or do people like me end up dead?

To be honest , I refuse to be incarcerated . I'd commit suicide before I go to an awful place like jail or prison.

KEY NOTES HERE ARE : I am not suitable to live in a home with others. And also my apartment rental applications would all be denied due to insufficient income.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

What have you done up to this point with your housing needs?

• 4 weeks ago

Your mental disability can't be that bad if you're capable to live on your own.  Contact a professional guardian (not guardian ad litem) and talk to him/her about your situation.  A guardian may be able to get you financial assistance.

Source(s): Wife's a guardian.
  • 4 weeks ago

Go to social services and see what, if anything, you might be eligible for; you may get assistance based on your disability.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.