Am I up a creek without a paddle , will I fail at life , or is there help for someone like me?

Due to my severe mental health disability, I am unable to be housed with other people, having a roommate is not a possibility, I must live alone in a dwelling.

I must rely on someone else to co-sign an apartment for me. In the event that this does not happen, I see myself as being in deep trouble.

What am I supposed to do ? Go to a homeless shelter, or stay in a mental hospital, or simply just live out on the streets?

I am often times in between jobs, or have no job at all. Other times when I do have employment, my income is not sufficient enough for a landlord to accept me as a new tenant.

Am I in a situation in which I will FAIL in life? Do people like myself end up in jail or a mental health institution? Or do people like me end up dead?

To be honest , I refuse to be incarcerated . I'd commit suicide before I go to an awful place like jail or prison.

KEY NOTES HERE ARE : I am not suitable to live in a home with others. And also my apartment rental applications would all be denied due to insufficient income.

What have you done up to this point with your housing needs?

Your mental disability can't be that bad if you're capable to live on your own.  Contact a professional guardian (not guardian ad litem) and talk to him/her about your situation.  A guardian may be able to get you financial assistance.

Source(s): Wife's a guardian.

Go to social services and see what, if anything, you might be eligible for; you may get assistance based on your disability.