How to verify income working fee for service?

I just got a job working fee for service. I also applied for an apartment to be closer to work and not have a long commute. The leasing specialist from the apartment are asking for my monthly income. I gave them my contract that states my hourly rate but they want something stating how many hours I work a week but since I work as a independent contractor that depends on how many clients I pick up or have. Can I get denied for this? Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions to what to do? I already asked HR and they said they can verify employment but not hours. 

I get they need to know my income but what can I do? What do independent contractors do?

Your last two years of income tax returns should do it.

If you don't report your income to the IRS, it is illegal income, and illegal income does not count as income, legally. 

• Judy

Show them your tax returns for the last couple years.

• Scott

That's the problem with self-employment/independent contractor positions. You have difficulty verifying your income. Since you have zero income with this company as of now, you have to wait until you can document your hours worked.

Yes you can be denied for this & probably will. They want to know that you can afford the rent. If you work 5 hours a week you can't. If you work 40 hopefully you can. Will your employer put the amount of hours they THINK you will average in writing?

you will have to wait until you get established and have paychecks....you don't know what your income will be..of course you can be denied

You can get denied for this, yes.

You are self-employed.   Your tax returns will document your income.

If you have only been self-employed for a short while, they may accept a year-to-date profit/loss statement but it may need to be prepared by an accountant.

Yes you can be denied if you cannot document your income in a way that satisfies them. 

• Maxi

Yes you can get denied if you can't prove your income

Add: your accounts showing what you earned, what spent and orders... your annual tax returns

Yes you could be denied.  You have to show how many hours per week you work.  And since you just started, even if you could show weekly hours, the odds of being denied are good.

For employees, an account can be created through which a unique six-digit code would be provided to them. When an organization needs to verify their income or employment.