Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

When is Military going to take over in America as Police if police officers are not allowed to do their job it falls next to the Military?

I read online how someone is trying to pass something that would take away a police officers right to carry a Weapon.....on that day I feel its time for Cops to allow Military to take over because America seems to want to watch them be put in danger...and I would like to see someone **** with Military Personal carrying a Real GUN!

I agree 100% with Military taking over as Police in America so these Good men and women who have Sacrificed so much can go home to their family's and not have to endure the bs that America tosses at them everyday for the ones that abuse their right to be called an officer. 

Btw people can disagree with this all they want but if in the event Police step down.....Military has to take over to see that America stays safe :)

Consider that the only way the military would walk the local streets is in case of a revolution or coup. Military missions are generally designed for instant readiness to move. Police are assigned local "beats" to patrol and take care of. Their missions are not the same.

Consider that the military cannot gather intelligence against US citizens unless an actual crime has been committed. Police can investigate on suspicion alone.

• Daniel

Think about what you just wrote.

Politicians are trying to limit the power of police.

Those same politicians would have a say over using the military for policing (aka qualified martial law). 

Do you seriously think that the same anti-police politicians and social justice warriors that want to take about cops' weapons and try to limit the transfer of military equipment to LE agencies are going to send a bunch of heavily armed military, most of whom have zero LE training out on the streets?

When are you going to get your tinfoil hat adjusted again? It's time.

• TomB

Not until somebody changes Federal Law and the Posse Comitatus Act....or declares Martial Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

Why?

One of my favorite Quotes : There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people. - CDR William Adama.

• audrey

If cops have to stop carrying guns, I hope they all quit at once. Then see how criminals like the Military!