Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

Calworks/welfare to work program?

I'm moving to a new house it's in the country kinda. 30 minutes from my social services office. I have no driver's license or car to participate in the program. I was told they wont help me with transportation is that true ? Or will they help ? I'm in tehama county California.

Dont have hella money to get a uber or cab twice a day 5 days a week. Id also have to drop off my two kids and pick them up from daycare

I'm not walking with my two kids on a country road. To then walk on the freeway or back road. I wont be living in the town my welfare office is. That's 6 hours away walking. Stop judging I'm pregnant and want to find work but cant walk that much and it's not a safe road to just walk on

I am pregnant and have been placed on bed rest. I am only asking for in the future. I'm just trying to be prepared.

• Maxi

If you 'can't/won't participate then your welfare will be removed.... so you best get yourself a job near to where you live so you can feed your family/pay your bills

Is there a reason why you can't call Uber for a ride?

• Noneof1 month agoReport

Dont have that kinda money to get a uber twice a day 5 days a week. Id also have to drop off my two kids and pick them up from daycare

• kelvin

well here is an idea, unless your disabled or your legs are broken how about you walk there and back

• Noneof1 month agoReport

I'm not walking with my two kids on a country road. To then walk on the freeway or back road. I wont be living in the town my welfare office is. That's 6 hours away walking.