Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

I might have to drop out of college?

I started school in August.I am doing a internship and school.the problem is that my dad keeps yelling at me about i am gone to much.even on weekends.stuff is not getting done in his business and he keeps trying to put it on me.he needs to understand that he needs to hire another person to replace my secretary spot.but he does not trust people.this is going to be a problem down the line.i am no longer available and he does not see that.i keep having headaches and if this does not stop I will have to leave and not come beck next semester.i don’t know what to do.i want him to handle things alone or get someone else.i have been there for 3 years.i am highly stressed because of him.

• Mark

As a 10+ yr long adult myself I'd highly

advise you think this choice of your's over

before following through w/ it give rest

some time.

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

Your dad just doesn't want to go to the effort or the expense to get someone to replace you. I am guessing he has been in the habit of trying to manipulate people like this your whole life. It's not going to change and his efforts to manipulate you will continue to excellerate way out of proportion. If you want to get through college (and you should) you just need to tell him "sorry but no" and refuse to discuss it, not a single word no matter what he says.

It's up to you. You can ruin your career chances and drop out of college, or you can kow tow to your dad's attempt to exploit you and stay working for him.

Frankly he has no right to stress you out that way. And if it were me (and I could afford it) I would have moved out and found my own place and perhaps another job to support my school expenses.

But that's what I'd do; now you need to decide...are you an independent adult or are you still daddy's little girl?