russell asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

were in CT can I get my dogs eyes and hips certified?

2 Answers

  • *****
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    In the USA, eyes can be done at any veterinary opthalmologist, you can locate one on this site: Hips depend on whether you're doing PennHIP or OFA certification. OFA will accept x-rays from any veterinarian. However, to avoid needing them retaken if they aren't up to snuff, it would be best to use a vet that specializes in orthopedics. PennHIP x-rays must be taken by a certified vet. There's a locator on this site: Research both methods to determine which is most suitable for your circumstance. 

  • 4 weeks ago

    Ask your vet or the governing body where you live (ie the AKC or UK KC).  They should be able to tell you where these tests can be done and by whom.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.