Is Jesus Christ God and the son of god?

Favorite Answer

research ive done on jw.org

Matt. 26:39, RS: “Going a little farther he [Jesus Christ] fell on his face and prayed, ‘My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt.’” (If the Father and the Son were not distinct individuals, such a prayer would have been meaningless. Jesus would have been praying to himself, and his will would of necessity have been the Father’s will.)

John 8:17, 18, RS: “[Jesus answered the Jewish Pharisees:] In your law it is written that the testimony of two men is true; I bear witness to myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness to me.” (So, Jesus definitely spoke of himself as being an individual separate and distinct from the Father.)

• jon pike

Obviously you're not a Protestant.

Yes,

He is he sure is.

• BJ

Jesus said he was God's son, Almighty God said that Jesus was his son.

Jesus plainly stated that he was more than a good man. He said: I am God’s Son. John 10:36 Of course, anyone could claim to be the Son of God. But if Jesus’ claim were false, what would that make him? Really, not a good man, but a great fraud!

The most reliable testimony came from God himself. He twice said concerning Jesus: This is my Son. Matthew 3:17; 17:5 Just think: The Scriptures report only a few occasions when God’s own voice was heard on earth yet on two of them he affirmed Jesus as his Son!

This is by far the best proof that Jesus was who he said he was. Jesus never claimed to be God, but he repeatedly spoke of himself as God’s Son. Even his enemies acknowledged this.

Jesus never even suggested that he was God or was equal to him. So to teach such a thing dishonors Jesus.

He is God’s Son. Whereas his father is Almighty God.

• k w

Yes, and there's no other, without Him, we wouldn't exist.....

• Perfect!

Jesus Christ is God, and at the same time he is part of his own Deity as a son! Father, Son, Holy Spirit!

• Paul

Yes. He has been God from all eternity, and became the Son of God 2,000 years ago, when God the Father caused a human woman to become pregnant with Him.

If God had a genetic code it would be Jesus. That makes Jesus God's Son; of like substance and obedient to the Father.

Jesus Christ never, ever claimed to be God. He is the very first, or beginning of God's creations, just as the Bible says at Proverbs 8:22+23 also speaking about Jesus: "He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation,"--Colossians 1:15. Before Jesus died, he prayed so hard to his Father, that "his sweat became as drops of blood falling to the ground."--Luke 22:40-43--Yes, Jesus is Jehovah's first-born Son, just as the Scriptures tell us. Religious leaders teach the lie and their flocks believe what they are taught, just as the Scriptures said would happen. Jeremiah 23:27 tells us that the religious leaders would "make my people forget my name." Yes, God's name, Jehovah would be forgotten, but not forever as we see today as Jehovah's Witnesses in all nations are proclaiming it and God's Kingdom.--Psalms 83:18; Isaiah 43:10-12 and Acts 15:14--Yes, we use the Bible to answer most all questions asked because the Bible is our teaching tool from Jehovah. I invite you to learn more about what the Bible teaches from the international website, jw.org and Bible Teachings > Bible Questions Answered. IF you believe what you learned, you can request your free personal Bible study online or from the next witness who knocks on your door or by visiting your neighborhood Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. There is never a collection taken and all are welcome. Thank you for this question.

• jon pike

Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!” (Jn. 8:58)

Exactly.  God = Father + Son + Holy Spirit

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • X

He's only the Son of God, not God himself. He was created by God as the Bible teaches.

• X

You're lost and ignorant when it comes to the scriptures. Jesus never said "I AM" there because that would make no sense. 

• Yep

Just Like I am man and the son of a man