Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Were the founding fathers really as great as Americans like to think?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike L
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No, they were slave owning, hemp smoking traitors to England. But I like to think they knew how uneducated they were. That's why they put in a system of checks and balances. To fix the errors they may have made.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They were people, just like everybody else.  Difference is, they were thinking people, not brainwashed ones......

• 3 weeks ago

You don't have to be "great" to have great ideas and create a great system.

That said, they were certainly better than any "politicians" we've had since.

• 3 weeks ago

the founding fathers believed in freedom, justice, and equality, the founding fathers were true patriots who wanted to create a free country that gave you opportunity.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

After 236 years the USA is still around based on the founding principles they created. 

• 3 weeks ago

They were great men but still human and full of flaws.  Deification of them as some sort of demigods is silly. Respecting their wisdom and dedication is appropriate.  It doesn't mean that wisdom stands for all time and their ideas can't be modified or even discarded as the world changes.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, they really were.

I can't say every single one of them were, but many of them including Washington, Madison, Hamilton, Jefferson and Franklin were truly exceptional men.

• Ro
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I would have to say yes.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Persecute the unbeliever!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

This question is blasphemous 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.