Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 3 weeks ago

How come we don’t go to the moon no more?

I mean the last time was like 1972? Now a day’s we have far better advances in technology so why Havnt we been to the noo in a near 50 year

Update:

To edit. I was referring to landed missions. There were quite a few from 1969 to 1972 now there’s legit like none crew landings 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Why would you want to?  It's expensive and as it's been done, you'd need a really good reason to justify the cost.  What can people do that unmanned probes can't?  Even the last three Apollo missions were cancelled because Congress was no longer willing to give the money for them.

The only reason the USA did it at all was for something in space to be first at.  It was feeling stung by how the Soviet Union had done so much first - the first artificial satellite and the first man in space.  OK, NASA did it, great, well done, it was a fantastic achievement, but now it's done that, now what?  As I heard someone from NASA say, there was a "space race", but the thing with races is that they end when someone wins.

Technology isn't the issue.  It's the cost.

• 3 weeks ago

We ain't goin' to the moon no more cuz we spendin' way too much money on teachin' young people how to write English.

• D g
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

When was the last time you visited Antarctica maybe because it costs alot and doesn't prove any reason to go

• 3 weeks ago

What for?

We already been there way back last century. Gathered a few rocks. Took some pics. Nothing much else for a bloke to do there.

We have sent several robotic probes to the moon for scientific purposes. Welcome to the twenty first century:That is the way space science is done these days, thanks to advanced technology. No point sending some bloke in a clumsy space suit to do a robot's job.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

It's very very expensive and there is very little return on the investment.

But have heart, we are now aiming for Mars. And in at least one of the concepts to get to Mars we actually launch from the Moon.

So the Moon as a launching site for farther out space exploration might have a new lease on exploration. Last I can recall, the US planners are looking at Mars landing in the 2030 to 2050 time frame. So the Moon would have to come before that to accommodate the Mars launch.

• Sparky
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I think there is another mission going next year

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The legend goes that they found your mom in there. So decided to never come back

• Nyx
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You need to catch up with the times. A total of 5 different countries have now been to the Moon.

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/missions/

• But due to those advances in technology that you mentioned, manned missions to space are now obsolete.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Because Jackie Gleason died, and he was the only one able to send people to the moon with a pow.

• 3 weeks ago

Funding issues. Everyone is looking towards Mars now. A lot of unmanned drones have been sent.

And remember, they DID land a drone on a moving comet a short while ago.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.