i like doing water fasting to cancer treatment is that can help kill cancer cell ? also chmo in same week?

• hart

water fasting is the best

• LAN

Why is it that idiots never just listen to their doctors and follow the instructions that they give?

No fasting.

Plenty of nutrient food and water will help to raise your Immune system,which your body needs to overcome ill effects of treatment.

• Edna

Water fasting (or any other fasting) won't do a thing to kill cancer cells. All it's going to do is make you dehydrated. If you're going to be taking chemo treatments, you do NOT want to be dehydrated. 

You shouldn't fast if you're doing chemo. You lose nutrients when you do chemo because it already deprives you of an appetite. Fasting doesn't kill cancer cells, it just kills you.

• 1 month agoReport

I never really noticed a loss of appetite myself, just that while the chemo was in my system I didn't eat much since I'd throw it back up. Once it left I ate plenty. (Half-life of that stuff is pretty quick, took it in the morning, played hell on my system, was ready to chow down by night)

The issue is that starving yourself might also reduce the number of treatments your doctor is willing to do. If your CBC shows levels dropping too low (which poor nutrition can cause) your doctor may hold back on the life saving chemo.

No doctor would tell you to fast. You are not helping yourself

Really really really bad idea.  Starving cancer cells by starving the body  has helped in a few cases, but it takes much more than one week and its only been demonstrated to work with a handful of cancer types.   One of the biggest side effects of chemo is getting adequate nutrition.  Most people on chemo have a hard time eating. So if you want to give it your best shot, get a lot of calories between now and when the chemo starts.  That will do way more for you than starving.  

Note that a ketogenic diet (usually called keto diet) tends to deprive cancer cells from nutrients.   Maybe you could switch to a keto diet, but do it in a manner where you don't lose weight.   Make sure you talk to your oncologist before making any big diet changes.  Some diets can interfere with chemo. 

• 1 month agoReport

Don't know what kind of chemo you took, but eating isn't a problem once it leaves your system... depression is.

I rather think this will kill you faster.

• Pippin

While some patients find that the anti-emetics aren't sufficient to allow them to eat much during the days after chemo, can't imagine why ANYONE fighting a serious disease and undergoing rigerous treatment would actually choose to starve themselves at the same time. Starving yourself does not kill cancer cells. (If anything, cancer growth tends to USE calories and energy, which is why people with advanced cancer are often thin or even emaciated.)