Do Christians think their 2nd life in heaven will be better than their 1st life on Earth?

• Jeff

Well, so many things are very nice in Imagination Land...

• Jeff

which god, coward?  the one you can never prove is real?  THAT ONE??

Yes, and they're right. The problem is that not every Christian shall make it to heaven.

There will be no "Christians" in Heaven only 1/3 of the Israelites and their slaves keeping GOD laws. "Christians" are living their best life now!

• Joe

Heaven is not a "2nd life" strictly speaking. It is eternal life. And new life begins when God begins a work of regeneration in the heart by His grace and actually brings the individual to life. Before knowing Jesus Christ, you are not truly alive, but spiritually dead because of sin against the holy God.

And to know Christ is far better than being in rebellion to Him, yes, indeed.

Yes they do .... 

but won't they be surprised when they end up in he|| 

for worshipping someone other than God as their lord. 

• Campbell Hayden

Oh yeah, that's right ... the 3-piece God that has a coward 
      for a son. Forgive me, I don't know what came over me. 

yes, but it's bringing what I can of heaven to earth that I focus on

• EddieJ

Heaven probably doesn't exist, but Christians *DO* have thoughts about things that are real.

I wonder, Ted, if Christians think McDonald's sells burgers.  So, Ted, what do you think about that?  

Yes, the Lord Himself is there, and continual heavenly blessings, and no hateful evil.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

I'm an agnostic, and I want, I repeat, want to believe in an afterlife, it must be I'm 27 and don't want to die ever. Hope to find a new life when this ends.

• Notice in verse 8, the word "unbelieving".  There is an afterlife for you.  Unless things change, it is very dark.  Now, is the time to seek Jesus and repent and be saved from the penalty of your sins.

Revelation 21: 4 And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain; for the first things passed away.  5 And He sitting on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said to me, Write, for these words are true and faithful. MKJV