Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 weeks ago

how long should I wait before I award an best answer?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best answer

When you see the right answer, you will know.

• 3 weeks ago

until you see an answer you want to award best answer.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Three days to give everyone a chance to answer. 

• mom
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

you have to wait an hour or you can wait longer, sometimes more people will answer

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

2 days. 

I dont know what the f1ck has gotten into people lately but it seems like many folks are closimg out their questions after jusy 3 hours. Dont do that its extremely rude. People are awarded 0 points if they answer a question after its been resolved. 

Source(s): nothing
  • 3 weeks ago

You should wait an hour after posting your question before choosing the best answer to it.

• 3 weeks ago

You must wait one hour, but for the whole world to see the question, wait at least 24 hours.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Pick when Ever you feel you are Happy with the Answers that you have been Given

• Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Until you get at least 6 answers or 3 days to get the best response.

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Give it 24 hrs, in an active subcategory. That way you've given plenty of time for people interested in the question to see it and reply. In a low-activity subcategory, you might even give it 2 - 3 days, just to help increase the odds of it being seen by user(s) who can provide quality answers.  Some users award BA quickly (you can award BA after the question has been posted 1 hr) if they have already received a correct answer to their question, or they just want their 3 pts back and don't really care about the quality of the responses.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.