Do you really think dinosaurs were killed by a meteorite? Actually the aliens did it?

Update:

We can't travel back in time 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I am pretty sure it was not aliens.

What we know is that there was a major event or events that resulted in:

1. A major climate change.

2. A drop in oxygen levels.

It is unclear if it was a meteorite, a major volcanic  eruption, polar shift, major change in the earths orbit or all of the above.

I lean towards all of the above. Some event triggered caused enough vegetation to die off and be buried fast enough that it turned to coal/oil. It also generated enough fall out that many other dead things got buried fast enough they did not rot, but turned to fossils.

Aliens I just don't think could have generated that kind of dirt or rocks to form on top of the remains.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In Science we use what we KNOW about to theorize how things happen, before we move on to things we do not know about.---We know Meteorites exist and can do the job---We do NOT know anything about Aliens. So we always favor the theory where we do not use unknown elements.

• Tom S
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Meteorites are way to small, it was either an asteroid or comet.

• sasha
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They were not killed by a meteorite - meteors are tiny bits of debris that usually burn up in the atmosphere.

It was very likely a large asteroid, but if you want to believe aliens did it you go right ahead.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Many were not killed directly

The Asteroid was of the Baptistina family

From a former larger Asteroid called Baptistina that got broken up during the Last great Bomardment 3.8 Billion Years ago

A twin if the Same Asteoid caused the Tcyhco Crater on the Moon

So we owe it one for Evolution sake

The Asteroid in Question was the size of Los Angeles

About 9 Miles wide

The impact is now known to have taken place in the Gulf of Mexico

The Crater was found through Echo Sounding by An Oil company, measuring 250 miles in Diameter

It was a Doozy

I wouldn't have wanted to be underneath it, unfortunately many Dinosaurs were to their detriment

Many more creatures also perished in the Plasma it created, Schockwaves and Tsumamis

It became a Nuclear Winter for the whole Planet

The World was changing at that time anyway

Much upheaval with the Continents Moving

Earthquakes and Volcanoes, Global warming from high CO2, the days of the Dinosaurs were numbered and a Brave New World sprang up Ruled by Mammals

Attachment image
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

By a Meteorite??  NO.   By an Asteroid -  YES.

Aliens do not exist.

• 1 month ago

Global cooling, ie normal climate change aided by a meteor.

• 1 month ago

Wow good question, you might be on to something there

• 1 month ago

Clearly if you've seen Micheal Bay Transformers you would know Ancient Transformers destroyed the Dinosaurs

• 1 month ago

I think it was a BLOODY BIG METEORITE that did it Crazy and, a lot of in the know people know this. I'm not in the know of course I'm just bricking it. ;-)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.