Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 4 weeks ago

I am thinking off moving to the us.  How many us dollars should i strive to make a year to be happy?

Depends on where you live. In some of the cheaper parts one can survive on 20-30K USD per annum. But there are cities here where anything under 115K is consider below the poverty line.

If money is the only thing that makes you happy, you will never have enough money. I think I could be comfortable on $60,000 a year. I have never made that much.

• james

U.S. $100,000 unless California or New York. Then $200,000 is needed. There are some other high tax States were you will need more than $100,000 a year.

• martin

It depends on whether you can get a roommate, and of course how expensive the place is where you will live. Usually, someone should make about $2500 to $3500 a month, which is $30,000 to $42,000 a year.

• John

The job that you can get a work visa for.  That doesn't generally include burger flipping jobs.

• DCM5150

Unless you go work for Trump who seems to mostly hire foreigners even for minimum wage jobs

• Greg

Billions of people around the world live happily in poverty. How can we say what would make you happy?

• DCM5150

Really? Basically you are saying that almost everyone who lives in poverty is happy...I haven't talked to all of them, but I would have to completely disagree with you unless you have some sort of evidence

That depends on where you live, how many are in your family, and your age.