Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 4 weeks ago

I am thinking off moving to the us.  How many us dollars should i strive to make a year to be happy?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Depends on where you live. In some of the cheaper parts one can survive on 20-30K USD per annum. But there are cities here where anything under 115K is consider below the poverty line.

• 4 weeks ago

If money is the only thing that makes you happy, you will never have enough money. I think I could be comfortable on $60,000 a year. I have never made that much.

• james
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

U.S. $100,000 unless California or New York. Then $200,000 is needed. There are some other high tax States were you will need more than $100,000 a year.

• martin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It depends on whether you can get a roommate, and of course how expensive the place is where you will live. Usually, someone should make about $2500 to $3500 a month, which is $30,000 to $42,000 a year.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The job that you can get a work visa for.  That doesn't generally include burger flipping jobs.

• DCM5150
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Unless you go work for Trump who seems to mostly hire foreigners even for minimum wage jobs

• Greg
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Billions of people around the world live happily in poverty. How can we say what would make you happy?

• DCM5150
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Really? Basically you are saying that almost everyone who lives in poverty is happy...I haven't talked to all of them, but I would have to completely disagree with you unless you have some sort of evidence

• 4 weeks ago

That depends on where you live, how many are in your family, and your age.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.