Why does Samsung sell more phones than Sony?

I feel like Samsung does a good job marketing their phones as a relevant flagship phone that can compete with the iPhone, which it can with the Galaxy. When's the last time you saw a Sony commercial for a phone?? I can't think of one lol. And I doubt Sony has come up with anything that can compete because if they had, you'd have heard about it.

Does Sony sell phones these days?

Sony never really did well in the cellphone game and I'm not sure why. They have had some good phones along the way. They partnered with Ericsson and made one of the first widely available phones with a digital camera. But they never seemed to be able to get the market share.

• chorle

I never think of Sony for phones because I sent back a Sony phone before smartphones because it used a propriety memory card. Also Samsung tends to have most features first.