Is it true that you can not be a Christian if you are not Holy Spirit baptized (I Cor 12:13)?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, in order to be baptized by him. 14 But the latter tried to prevent him, saying: “I am the one who needs to be baptized by you, and are you coming to me?” 15 Jesus replied to him: “Let it be this time, for in that way it is suitable for us to carry out all that is righteous.” Then he quit preventing him. 16 After being baptized, Jesus immediately came up from the water; and look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw God’s spirit descending like a dove and coming upon him. 17 Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.” 

• Norine3 weeks agoReport

in which there is "the way of God more PERFECTLY" (Acts 18:26) for baptism rather than a water baptism (Acts 18:25).

• 3 weeks ago

That is not entirely correct. Baptism is the formal entrance to the faith, but anyone may begin practicing the faith leading up to that point and still call themselves Christian - they're just not as far down the path as some others are.

Jesus is now SPIRIT (II Cor 5:16) and so is HIS BLOOD. Therefore HIS BLOOD is the HOLY SPIRIT who "cleanses us from all sin" (I Jn 1:7).

HOLY SPIRT [John 14:18] BAPTISM >>>SAVES!<<< (Mark 16:16)!

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

That depends on your definition of Holy Spirit Baptism.   Conversion is the work of the Holy Spirit

Jesus is now SPIRIT (II Cor 5:16) and so is HIS BLOOD. Therefore HIS BLOOD is the HOLY SPIRIT who "cleanses us from all sin" (I Jn 1:7).

• steve
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I was baptised (christened) in a Christian ceremony but have grown up to be non religious.

I guess it therefore works the other way round.

I understand that If you become Christian you can be baptised no matter how old you are.

HOLY SPIRT [John 14:18] BAPTISM >>>SAVES!<<< (Mark 16:16)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Hogie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes.............................

• sarah
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Most of those gifts of the spirit were done away with when the apostles died. It was a prophecy that it would be done away with. All that was left was to love each other intensely from the heart. Yet, Christians love their country more than God. They go kill in the name of their country and think God sanctions it. So you can be a Christian and not be baptized in holy spirit. www.jw.org

• 3 weeks ago

Christianity is a belief not an aggregation of ceremonies.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

There is one user here who keeps posting on & on about that, yes. 

Be careful when dealing with them though; they enjoy being extremely rude in the comments under the questions, using extensive profanity. 

• 3 weeks ago

I got water sprinkled as a baby, with photos, and confirmed at 12, and decided it was foolish.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes and no

there are 30,000 odd sects of christiainty, so you can find pretty much every shade of opinion, assumption and belief.

the biggest movement of self-proclaimed christians are 'cafeteria christians' who pick and chose what to believe, taking a speck from here and a speck from there.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.