How much should I charge to rent out my RV by the month?

Hi, everyone. 

Some neighbors want to rent my travel trailer (25’ 2007 (but in terrific shape!) Keystone Springdale) to live in while their house is being built. I have no idea what price to ask, as they would be paying by the month. Hope you can help me.

Thank you!

Location is Oregon!

$600/month plus all expenses (water/sewage costs).  Just make sure the RV is parked on their property, not yours, and make the contract about renting a vehicle, not that you are renting it to live in.  Contracting it as a residence may make it illegal which could potentially require you to refund all rent paid.  Good Luck.

Ask a dealer how much they would charge to rent out a new one, then set the rate at half that.

I manage a long term only RV park in Oregon near McMinnville.  One of my tenants is renting his RV (Most of them own theirs).  I think he said he pays about $400/ mo but it is a 32ft.  Probably closer to $300 for a smaller one. 

Living in an RV is very hard in them, they are not built for full time living, buying an RV someone lived in is always grosser than buying one that was only camped in.

I would not want it back  after someone else lived in it, its like using the bathroom in a 30 yr old apartment you just moved into,  how many buns were rubbed all over the seat?

Without looking it up, $500/ month seems like a reasonable price if they are not moving it around, just parked in their yard. If they're parking in your yard, using your electricity and water, I'd go to $600 or maybe $700.

Also, how do they plan to drain the waste-water tanks? Are they going to tow it to an RV dump location every few days or do they have a way to connect it to their sewer or septic drain on their property? Or are they going to go park it at a local RV park with proper hook ups?

Also, I would explore AirBnb, VRBO, and RVShare to see what it would cost them to get a short term vacation rental or rent a different RV, and go just a bit under the market price so it makes sense for everyone. 

• audrey

If it has water, heat, stove, fridge, etc., probably at least 500 a month.

That would depend on the local rental market, your costs, etc.

$500.00. You can charge whatever you want.

Without knowing your location I would guess $400-$600 month.

Like $40 I think?????