Where did the "honey I'm home" quote come from? And if it's possible, can someone share a link?

Favorite Answer

I doubt you can actually find the inaugural use of that phrase. It was popular among the sitcoms aired on TV during the 1950s and 60s. I can vaguely remember that phrase being used on: The Lucile Ball Show, Bewitched, Honeymooners, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Brady Bunch...and certainly others when the man of the house came home from work.

And I have to believe that "honey I'm home" was commonly used by many American families during the 50s and 60s. Clearly there was a first time it was used, but you'll never find it as that would be like finding the needle in the you know what.

• Thanks for the answer. I was coming to the conclusion that it was a copyrighted scene or something, I didn't know it doesn't have a known origin.

It was a popular terminology when "Leave It To Beaver." was a TV show.

It's a well-known historic fact that "honey I'm home" has been invented by Julius Caesar in 23 BC

• Lv 5

Nice trick, since he'd been dead for 21 years by then. Or was he the original version of the dead guy in "The Monkey Paw"?