My school is infested with cockroaches and the teachers won't do anything about it?

This has been going on for about a month now. When the students started complaining about it, the teachers just said that there was nothing to worry about, and that the cockroaches aren't dangerous/harmful, but everything I've read says that they can make you very sick. They arent doing anything to try and get rid of them. Is there anything i can do to stop this? I live in ontario if that helps, idk

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

You need to call your local Health Department.  Every "school" is required to comply with local health codes.  Failure to do so can lead to "heavy fines".  In a "public school", the principal could face disciplinary measures from the superintendent.  Cockroaches carry salmonella, e.coli, and other diseases that could put you in the hospital.   

• hart
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

don't worry they don't eat much

• Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Your teachers can't do anything to get rid of a cockroach infestation. That is a job for a professional exterminator or for the school's maintenance personnel. All your teachers can do is bring the cockroach problem to the school's attention. After your teacher does that, what (if anything) happens next is up to the school.  

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Write a very polite letter to your local Environmental Health Department asking if they can do something about the cockroaches. They shold definitely do so if you have any food preparation or service provided at the school (either in lessons or for lunches).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Burgoo
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

ask the custodian or janitor, this is not the teacher's job

• 3 weeks ago

Take a video of the cockroaches (several short videos) and send it to the school system administration and let them know about the problem. If they don't respond promptly, then send the videos to your local TV station. (Make sure the videos are taken in a place that is obviously the school -- in a classroom, in the bathrooms, etc.) Publicity will embarrass the school system and should get some results. You could also ask the parents' organization to speak up for you.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Call the health board and let them know about it. They will investigate and then make the school get rid of them. 

• 3 weeks ago

teachers aren't responsible for getting rid of roach infestations in your school. The school administration is

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.