Do you think by doing 4% commission for the buyers agent when selling your house will get more buyers than doing the standard 3%?

I'm selling my house on the mls and I was wondering if by adding an extra 1% if it would help realtors work for you

No.  3% is already higher than it should be.  The vultures that are agents will already be circling for 3%.

Not really, no.

It somewhat depends on the price of the home.  The lower the price range the better chances your home will be shown.  If everything else is equal the extra commission will get the attention of an agent.  Conversely make sure the listing agent doesn't get greedy and offer a rediculously low commission.  I'm a Realtor and I've seen a commission on the selling side of 1%.

I wouldn't

With modern technology buyers aren't relying on their agents to find houses for them. Buyers search redfin and zillow for the house within their price range and then tell their agent they want to go see it. Buyer's aren't looking at the agent's commission when they decide whether or not to call their agent and ask for a showing.

• I know people who use buyer's agents but I also know lots that do not because when you get into a bidding war, you have far more chance of being the winning bid if the broker gets the entire commission.

No. While offering less than 3% may result in steering buyers away, offering more will not expose the house to more buyers (and buyers agents).

no.............